Legal Aid St Thomas Ontario

You can get and complete many of the court forms you need in a family law case on the Ontario Court Forms website. The website contains the Ontario Court Forms Assistant, an online tool that helps you complete six of the most commonly used family forms. All forms and resources can be found at: Legal Line is a federal not-for-profit organization that provides free, easy-to-understand legal information on more than 2,100 topics covering 48 major areas of law. The information covers federal, provincial and territorial legislation and is available in 107 languages. Those who need additional help are referred to experts – lawyers, paralegals, government agencies and other professionals. For more information, see CLEO is an online resource project dedicated to providing legal information to help understand legal rights. For more information, see: or If you can`t afford a lawyer, you may be eligible for legal aid from Legal Aid Ontario, which serves low-income Ontarians. For most services, a client must be financially eligible. Legal Aid Ontario offers a range of family law services, including public defenders and counsellors, a family law service centre and, if applicable, a certificate to hire a lawyer. For more information on the services offered, call 1-800-668-8258 or online at: If you wish to retain a lawyer, you can contact the legal placement service operated by the Law Society. The service will provide you with the name of a lawyer in your area who practices family law.

This lawyer will provide you with half an hour of free consultation. The intermediary service has become an online service. For an instant referral, visit: Elgin-Oxford Legal Clinic is a municipal law clinic that provides legal services to low-income residents of Elgin County and Oxford. The Family Law Education for Women website is a public legal education project funded by the Ontario government to help women understand their family rights. The website offers a variety of online publications aimed at addressing the unique needs and vulnerabilities of women new to Canada (including immigrant, refugee and non-status women) and is available at legal profession matters fall under the jurisdiction of the Law Society of Upper Canada. If you are concerned about a lawyer`s behavior, you can call: 416-947-3315 or 1-800-668-7380 or go online: The FLICC helps meet the individual needs of clients, particularly clients who are not represented by a lawyer and are entering the family court system for the first time. In the FLIC, there is an Information Coordinator and a Referral Coordinator to help you find and connect with the services you are looking for in your community. Lawyers who provide summary legal advice are also available from the FLIC. On this website, you will find useful information on family law issues, including calculating child support policies and parenting plans: firm`s lawyers represent children in various areas of law, including custody and relationship disputes. child protection procedures and civil litigation. Clinical investigators prepare reports for the court in custody and contact proceedings and can assist lawyers representing children in such cases. For more information on the services of the Office of the Children`s Advocate, call (416) 314-8000 or search online at: Please take a moment to let us know about our mandatory information program: The Office of the Child Advocate is a law firm of the Ministry of the Attorney General that administers justice programs on behalf of children on duty.

their personality and property rights. The FLICT offers publications and guides on family proceedings, including “What You Need to Know About Family Law in Ontario,” which includes a section specifically on family violence issues.

You cannot copy content of this page

Scroll to Top